Now that Christmas and New Years is long gone and there is snow outside and it is freezing, February is heating up with things to do besides shoveling!
This month there is a lot to be excited about.
- Feb 9 - Feb 25: The Winter Olympics are on display in Korea for the next two weeks, which gives you a reason for getting together with friends - GO TEAM CANADA!
- Feb 14: Let's not forget Valentines Day! Flowers. chocolates, dinner, and then perhaps cozying up by the heat while watching a movie. These are all great ideas to make it a special day!
- Feb 19: Finally, Family Day! You could make plans to go skiing or skating with the kids or make plans to visit your parents; there is also the option of sleeping in and having a late brunch!
Quick tip of the month
With a number of opportunities to spend time with those close to you, of course you will want to keep them warm! But just keeping in mind that heating equipment is the second leading cause of residential fires and fire deaths. During winter, homeowners light fires, crank up the furnace and pull out the space heaters, creating ample opportunities for accidents to happen. Space heaters are responsible for several residential fires and fire-related deaths every year. You can prevent space heater fires – and their tragic outcomes – by observing these simple space heater safety practices whenever you cozy up at home this winter:
- Never leave space heaters unattended. Turn off and unplug heaters when not in use.
- Keep heaters at least 3 feet away from any flammable materials, including furniture, blankets and wastebaskets.
- Do not place space heaters under your desk or in other enclosed areas.
- Plug space heaters directly into a wall outlet, not a surge protector.
- Buy space heaters that include an automatic shutoff.
From all of us here at ServiceMaster, Stay Safe And Have Fun!